After School Teachers | St Nicholas Montessori School
St. Nicholas Montessori School Dún Laoghaire/ Merrion.
St Nicholas Montessori Schools are currently seeking applications from interested candidates to join our established team in delivering excellence in after school care and education at our after school programmes across our two schools, one located in Dún Laoghaire and the other in Merrion.
After School Teachers 2-12 years.
Start Date: August 2020
Hours: 12.30pm-6pm, five days per week.
8.30am-6pm, Camps during school holidays.
Description of Position:
St. Nicholas Montessori is fully committed to providing children aged 2-12 with a creative and adaptive academic & social environment. We strongly believe that employing the Montessori principles in guiding children is paramount in creating a solid foundation for their future.The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion for education and care and a genuine desire to work within a collaborative and caring environment. Knowledge and experience of implementing the aims and learning goals of Aistear, The Early Years Curriculum Framework are required (2-6 years), knowledge of the Child Care Act, School Aged Children 2016. The candidate should have the ability to promote a positive and supportive ethos where all pupils are valued, encouraged and challenged to achieve the best they can. The candidate is expected to be a good communicator with the ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when working with pupils, parents and colleagues.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for working in an established after school programme.
- Be creative in planning and implementing activities for children.
- Be available for local schools collections, by foot or car.
- Supervise and support after school children to complete homework in a timely manner.
- Supervise meal times.
- Implement indoor and outdoor activities in response to the children’s interests and the school’s scheduled activities
- Be able to observe, monitor and record the well being of children.
- Maintain accurate attendance records, in addition to other regulatory requirements.
- Meet and greet parents in a positive and friendly manner each day.
- Maintain close, effective, working partnerships with parents to ensure the well being of their children.
- Be able to collaborate and work as part of the after school team.
- Be open to opportunities for continuous professional development.
- Full Clean drivers licence (not essential)
QQI Level 5 (Childcare) 1 years after school experience preferable.
Children First Training
Please forward Curriculum Vitae and 2 references to the Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be subject to Garda vetting.
Closing Date: Thursday 13 August 2020.