Walk To Italy – Virtual Fundraiser
Join SMSI in the Walk to Chiaravalle, Italy! A fundraising activity inspired by the birthplace of Maria Montessori. Join in with members, parents, faculty staff and students as we walk virtually from Dun Laoghaire to Chiaravalle, ‘passing through’ some well-known (and not so well-known) corners of Europe.
At each ‘stop’ you will receive an update on the top ten places to visit, a fun recipe to make with the family, a children’s activity and a Montessori fact! Let your mind relax and explore on this virtual holiday while we take you to far away and exotic places.
To join is easy, we ask you to commit to the following steps:
- Like our SMSI Facebook page to receive updates.
- Join the fundraising event on Facebook.
- Make a donation or encourage others to donate to SMSI Fundraising where we will continue to use this support to promote our 2025 strategic goals.
- Order a pedometer or track your steps on an app!
- Get a group or go at it alone!
- Count/Log your steps for the day.
- Post your weekly goal on social media with the hashtag #smsiwalktoitaly
From start to finish this trip is over 4,392 kilometres (that is 7,000,000 steps)! On this trip, we will journey from Dun Laoghaire all the way to Chiaravalle, Italy, passing through the following destinations:
Dun Laoghaire, Waterford, Oxford, London, Amsterdam, Noordwijk aan Zee, Brussels, Paris, St Foy de la Grande, Barcelona, Nice, Florence, Rome, Cita de Castello, Chiaravalle.
In each location, we will learn about the destination, places to visit, see beautiful photos, learn a fact or two about the city and Montessori, as well as having a fun family-friendly recipe or activity to do altogether,
We, St. Nicholas Montessori Society are committed to raising money to support Montessori Education in Ireland and throughout the world. Join us in this exciting event to bring your family together in a happy and healthy way!