Montessori Teacher Wanted | Pembroke Montessori
Microsoft Word – Pembroke Full Time Position -2021.docx
Pembroke Montessori & Afterschool is expanding, and we are recruiting a Montessori teacher in this exciting time of growth within the company! Pembroke is a well-established Montessori and Afterschool situated in Dublin 4 and we are looking forward to opening two new Montessori classrooms in September 2021.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Montessori teacher who endeavors to support and guide children through their early years. The role will involve running a full-day Montessori classroom of 14 children with one other teacher. Our routine involves the Montessori work cycle in the mornings and extracurricular activities in the afternoons. We are looking for someone with excellent planning, communication, organisation skills, creativity and passion to join our exceptional team of Early Years educators.
• Running a Montessori classroom of 14 children, working in close co-operation with other team members.
• Day to day responsibility of children attending Pembroke Montessori, ensuring their safety, security, well-being, physical and developmental care.
- To liaise with parents, informally each day and formally at parent-teacher meetings.
- Promoting inclusive practices in the classroom.
- Planning, reviewing and implementing an age-appropriate educational curriculum for all children.
- To maintain appropriate records, observations, reports and any other required documents in compliance with regulation.
- To be familiar with and adhere to the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, and all other relevant legislation and Regulations.
Suitable candidates should have:
- QQI Level 7/8 in Montessori Education.
- Minimum one year experience in a Montessori classroom.
- Good knowledge of Aistear.
- Excellent communication skills for working with both colleagues and parents.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Record of leading a Montessori classroom and the ability to demonstrate the planning, progress and outcomes your teaching and guidance resulted in.
- Initiative and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with special needs
- Full, clean driving license
- First Aid Responder (FAR) training
- Children’s First Child Protection training
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety training
- HACCP Job Details Hours: Full Time 8.30am-5pm or 6pm (alternating roster)
Salary: Competitive rates of pay, dependent on level of experience. €26,500-€31,000 Enhanced Employee Benefits:
Five weeks paid holidays each year.
Bike to work scheme.
TaxSaver commuter ticket scheme.
Continuous Professional development training.
Team building activities and social events.