Montessori Teacher and Early Years Educator
About this role
Are you a qualified Montessori teacher with a passion for working with children, someone who enjoys bringing creativity and fun to a child’s day, while supporting them as they learn and grow in a Montessori setting?
Ivy Lane Montessori and After School is based on Fitzwilliam Street Upper, Dublin 2. Ivy Lane provides full and part-time care for children from 2 and a half years of age. At Ivy Lane, our mission is to guide children to become their own little people by learning and developing with their hands, hearts, and minds.
We are looking for an experienced, caring, creative, and dynamic teacher to join our team. At Ivy Lane, we prioritise the happiness, well-being, and support of our team and families and would like the opportunity to welcome the right candidate on board.
Duties and responsibilities of role
The key elements of this role are to:
• Co- Manage and implement the Montessori learning and activity program for the children
• Responsible for the learning and development of Montessori aged children
• Ensuring the physical, emotional, and developmental wellbeing of key children and families
• Ensuring the individual needs of children are met
• Having in-depth understanding of the developmental needs of children
• Demonstrating passion and commitment to the provision of the highest standards of education, activities, and care for the children in Ivy Lane
• Implementing, planning, and reviewing the classroom and activity curriculum to include observations and reporting, ensuring that the well-being and physical needs of the children are being reached on a daily basis
• Show initiative and creativity in the planning, organization and communication of all activities, programs, and educational frameworks in Ivy Lane
• A key member of the planning process for creative, educational and physical activities in Ivy Lane based on the schools, weekly, bi- weekly and monthly objectives and timelines
• Always demonstrate the ability to work and connect with all age groups
• An up to date working knowledge of the latest developments in the early years sector
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills need to document and maintain all relevant records
• Adhere to company policies, procedures, and operational practices at all times
• Awareness of early years regulations, relevant legislation and policies
Work alongside team in supporting the school rota, allowing for staff break cover, nap time, school collections, extra circular activities and other any other reasonable request made by management.
• Contribute to the team effort of the Montessori and to attend staff meetings and social events as and when required
Information on the role
• 40 hours per week- they will vary between 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
• Salary: dependent on qualifications
Need to demonstrate
|Two years + experience in Montessori setting||Certificate in First Aid and Child Protection Training would be an advantage|
|Minimum qualification at Level 7/8 preferable in Early Childhood Care & Montessori Education||Knowledge of Síolta, Aistear and the Early Years (Pre- school services) Regulations is essential|
|Excellent Communication spoken and written Englishskill with fluency in both||Proven track record of leading Montessori class and ability to demonstrate the progress and outcomes your teaching and guidance brought about|
|Ability to form strong, warm and friendly relationships with children, parents and team||Have languages, hobbies and interests and that incorporated in the school programme and curriculumbe|