Montessori/Daycare Teacher Position
The Georgian Montessori Primary School is a child-centred Montessori school for children aged 3-12 years, in Dublin 1. Established in 2017, the school operates a 9-12 years classroom, a 6-9 years classroom and a 3- 6 years classroom. We are open from 8am to 6pm and offer excellent childcare creating a home from home environment.
Full-time; to guide the children in a fully equipped Montessori primary school and daycare. This position would be best suited to someone who is passionate about Montessori education and enthusiastic about creating a child-centered, warm environment.
About the role:
- Guide, observe, stimulate and supervise children, as directed by the Principal
- Help direct the children’s activities academically, emotionally and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach their full potential in accordance with Montessori philosophy
- Organise and maintain a well-organised and attractively prepared environment consistent with Montessori pedagogy, paying particular attention to the needs of the children
- Observe and record observations on each child’s individual progression and create, review and maintain each child’s individual development plan ensuring they progress at a rate according to their abilities
- Observe, guide, supervise and assess children while they learn in the classroom environment and day-care settings providing support and encouragement during homework time
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, stimulating space where all children feel safe and valued
- Establish and build a positive relationship with children, their families and your co-workers
- Work with school staff as part of a team approach to delivering Montessori education to the highest standard
- Report to the Principal and attend school meetings as required including parent-teacher meetings, staff meetings, professional sessions, training and events on behalf of the school, e.g., parent evenings and family days
- Manage record keeping required for class operations, e.g., safety, fire, attendance and other records as needed
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures at all times
- Montessori qualification from St Nicholas, AMI or equivalent, Level 6 or higher
- 2 years post-graduate experience in a classroom preferred but not necessary
- Good understanding of Aistear and Siolta
- Good observational, planning and organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken English must be of high quality
- Be passionate about Montessori education and have an ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs and abilities
- Enthusiasm and creativity
- Certificates in First Aid, Children First and Manual Handling (or working towards them)
- Candidates should have residency or permission to work. Preferred candidate will be subject to Garda vetting and other police vetting, reference validation and qualification check as part of the selection process
We work together as a fully supportive team to create a Montessori learning environment and daycare for the children we cater for.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Contact: Please forward your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org