We are currently recruiting for a Montessori Teacher in our Senior-Montessori Room working with children aged 3-6 years. The successful candidate must be qualified and have some experience but training will be given. We seek a person who is prepared to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for the care, safety and welfare of children. The person must be outgoing creative and have a genuinely caring nature as well as excellent interpersonal and communicational skills. Successful candidates will be called for interview and must be willing to undergo reference checks and garda vetting.
The start date is from 1st July 2021 . The position is permanent and full time – 40 Hours per Week – Monday to Friday. You would be working in a team with 4 other teachers – each teacher has their own group of up to 8 children.
Salary : Depending on experience
We are a full time facility caring for children aged 6 mts – 6 yrs and are located in the Dublin 4 – Ballsbridge area – close to both a Dart station and bus stop
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum Experience Required training will be given.
- Minimum Qualification : Montessori Qualification
- Ability Skills : Communications , Creativity , Personal/Social Care
- Competency Skills : Decision Making , Initiative , Teamwork .
- Knowledge of working with the Aistear Curriculum Framework
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the individual needs of children are identified and met
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and operational practices at all times Ensuring positive working relationships are developed and maintained with children, staff, parents and carers.
- Good communication skills-Fluency in both spoken & written English
Please contact Natasha O Brien – Manager
Send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org candidates will be called for interview in coming weeks. Alternatively CV’S and covering letters can be send to the following address –
Lansdowne Lodge Pre-School Montessori
6 Lansdowne Terrace,
Dublin 4.Read More
Montessori Teacher & Daycare Position
The Georgian Montessori Primary School is offering excellent childcare inclusive of Montessori education for children up to 12 years. Thanks to our team of professional and caring staff working parents can feel assured that their children’s physical, psychological and educational needs are met and that the children are happy. We aim to make afterschool care as enjoyable as possible and allow plenty of free play time to create a home from home environment.
Position: Montessori Teacher and Daycare
Full-time; in a fully equipped Montessori primary school and daycare
Montessori and Daycare Teacher
This position would be best suited to someone who is passionate about Montessori education and enthusiastic about creating a child-centered inviting environment.
About the role:
- Observe, guide, supervise, and asses children while they learn in the classroom environment and day-care settings
- Provide support and encouragement during homework time.
- Develop independent learning exercises, and materials that cater to the needs of the individual child
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued
- Establish and build a positive relationship with children, their families and your Co-workers
- Participate in school activities
- Hold a Level 7 or 8 qualification in Montessori Education (minimum of Level 5)
- Be passionate about Montessori education
- Good understanding of the national frameworks of Aistear and Síolta
- Certificates in First Aid and Manual Handling (or working towards them)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have an ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs and abilities
- Be patient, with excellent observational and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Have the ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure and treat everyone with respect
- Ability to adhere to school policies and school ethos
- Enthusiasm and creativity
- Garda clearance
We work together as a fully supportive team to create a full Montessori environment and programme of activities for the children we cater for.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Contact: Please forward your CV with cover letter to email@example.comRead More
Microsoft Word – Pembroke Full Time Position -2021.docx
Pembroke Montessori & Afterschool is expanding, and we are recruiting a Montessori teacher in this exciting time of growth within the company! Pembroke is a well-established Montessori and Afterschool situated in Dublin 4 and we are looking forward to opening two new Montessori classrooms in September 2021.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Montessori teacher who endeavors to support and guide children through their early years. The role will involve running a full-day Montessori classroom of 14 children with one other teacher. Our routine involves the Montessori work cycle in the mornings and extracurricular activities in the afternoons. We are looking for someone with excellent planning, communication, organisation skills, creativity and passion to join our exceptional team of Early Years educators.
• Running a Montessori classroom of 14 children, working in close co-operation with other team members.
• Day to day responsibility of children attending Pembroke Montessori, ensuring their safety, security, well-being, physical and developmental care.
- To liaise with parents, informally each day and formally at parent-teacher meetings.
- Promoting inclusive practices in the classroom.
- Planning, reviewing and implementing an age-appropriate educational curriculum for all children.
- To maintain appropriate records, observations, reports and any other required documents in compliance with regulation.
- To be familiar with and adhere to the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, and all other relevant legislation and Regulations.
Suitable candidates should have:
- QQI Level 7/8 in Montessori Education.
- Minimum one year experience in a Montessori classroom.
- Good knowledge of Aistear.
- Excellent communication skills for working with both colleagues and parents.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Record of leading a Montessori classroom and the ability to demonstrate the planning, progress and outcomes your teaching and guidance resulted in.
- Initiative and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with special needs
- Full, clean driving license
- First Aid Responder (FAR) training
- Children’s First Child Protection training
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety training
- HACCP Job Details Hours: Full Time 8.30am-5pm or 6pm (alternating roster)
Salary: Competitive rates of pay, dependent on level of experience. €26,500-€31,000 Enhanced Employee Benefits:
Five weeks paid holidays each year.
Bike to work scheme.
TaxSaver commuter ticket scheme.
Continuous Professional development training.
Team building activities and social events.Read More
You may have heard about the Level 8 BA Honours Montessori Education programme at St Nicholas Montessori College that allows students to graduate before 2023 and register under Route 4 of the Teaching Council, allowing graduates to work in special education settings (see more on Route 4 here!).
While we are thrilled to have this programme, unfortunately this programme is in its last phases due to the removal of Teaching Council registration in 2023. This one year programme will be available until September 2022. As a result, the Level 8 BA Honours programme is available to specific students who meet the entry requirements for either direct entry, RPL entry or Advanced Entry:
Early Years Bachelor Degree holders
Those who hold a Bachelor degree Early Years Education are able to make an RPL application to the Intensive Bridging Programme. Those who successfully complete this programme will be able to make an application to the Level 8 BA Honours Montessori Education, which will begin in September 2022. The application deadline for this programme will be the 14th of February 2022.
Montessori Bachelor Degree holders
Those who hold a Bachelor degree in Montessori Education are able to make a direct application to the Level 8 BA Honours Montessori Education, either beginning in September 2021 and 2022. Application deadlines for both years are the 1st of July 2021 / 2022.
All other Qualifications
Unfortunately, those with non-cognate degrees will not be able to make a successful application to the routes above in the hopes of achieving the Level 8 BA Honours Montessori Education from SNMCI. We would advise those who wish to become Special Education or Primary teachers look into the two year masters in Primary Education (PME). For those who are interested in up-skilling or becoming Montessori and Early Years educators, we advise looking into our Level 7 / Level 8 B.ED Montessori Education programme.
To make a direct and/or RPL application, please complete the application form here and upload the evidence requirement.
Please see the below chart with further information on progression routes.Read More
St Nicholas Montessori Society is hosting the free wellness webinar on Resilience, Mental Health and Wellbeing virtually, “Mood Re-Boot” to give us a kick start on refreshing our mindsets and hearts after a long year.
This free wellness webinar series is available to the general public. Should you wish to make a donation to SMSI, or learn more about our charitable status and vision, please see our Charity page here.
- “A Child Psychologist’s View on Children’s Wellbeing in the Tims of COVID-19” with Catherine Hallessy
SMSI held its first webinar with Catherine Hallessy, a Child Psychologist, who spoke to St Nicholas Montessori School Parents on “Children’s Wellbeing in the times of COVID-19”. To view this, please visit our Youtube Page here.
2. “Perseverance Parenting: Parenting When Your Child Needs Extra Support” with Keith Duffy
Our second webinar is hosted by Emma Corrigan, SMSI Board of Trustees member. With a special introduction by St Nicholas Montessori College’s Special Education lecturer, Tash O’Donnell, Keith Duffy of Boyzone will then speak on his personal experiences as a Parent.
To learn more about the event or get your free ticket, visit the Eventbrite page now!
*Update 25 March 2021: This event has been unexpectedly cancelled.
3. “Purpose in the Pain” with Naomi Kumar
Our third webinar is hosted by Mackenzie Young, SMSI Marketing & Admissions Director. We are proud to welcome Naomi Kumar, founder of Naomi Kumar Yoga, instructor, chronic pain public speaker, poet and yoga instructor is our third speaker in the Mood Re-Boot Webinar Series. On Thursday the 15th of April at 19:30, Kumar will be speaking on “Purpose in the Pain”: her journey with her own chronic pain, seeking purpose in suffering and her life lessons learned.
For more information on Naomi Kumar, please visit her website: https://www.naomikumar.com/
Benji Bennett, author of Adams Cloud, is our fourth speaker in the Mood Re-Boot Webinar Series. On Thursday the 13th of May at 19:30, Bennett will be speaking on “The Value of Reading”, which expands the imagination, thus igniting the brain.
About the Speaker
Benji Bennett & Adams Cloud
Benji is an Irish dad, children’s author and you may be familiar now with the emotional impact and beauty of Adams Cloud books written by Benji for his son Adam. I have enclosed his latest podcasts for research and his honesty, strength, wisdom and positivity hopefully will entice your audience to book this event as he is an excellent guest choice.
Jennifer Brush is one of the world’s foremost experts in Montessori Education for Ageing and Dementia care and Montessori Education for Dementia Programme Director at SNMCI. On Thursday, the 17th of June at 19:30, Brush will provide us with the importance of brain health and cognitive functioning at our fifth and final Mood Re-Boot webinar.Read More
Castlewarden Montessori Preschool looking for a new Montessori Preschool Teacher.
About Castlewarden Montessori Preschool
Located near Kill just off the N7 County Kildare. We are situated in a beautiful country setting just off the N7 at Exit 6 Castlewarden. We strive to provide a secure child centered environment that fosters a love of life and learning. The service is well established and is operating over 20 years.
The candidate should have a minimum FETAC level 5 / 6 with a Knowledge of Montessori Method of teaching. We are seeking a friendly responsible person who enjoys working with children to join our team.
Monday – Friday 9am -1pm
Contact details for further information. Please email your CV to the following:
Phone: Mary Russell – 086 8051533
The following positions have become available at our service in Blessington, Co. Wicklow
* After school leader part time 4.5 hours per day for 5 days
** After school leader part time 5.5 hours per day for 2 days
*** Aims Practitioner x 2 – Minimum QQI Level 5. LINC an advantage
**** Full-time Childcare Practitioner with minimum FETAC level 6 qualification. A Montessori qualification an advantage
All positions are available from 25th August 2020.
Please apply with CV and cover letter to:
Antoinette Byrne, Sakura Montessori at firstname.lastname@example.org
Naíonra Montessori in Lucan require Montessori Teacher with good spoken Irish for September start.
Hours 9.15-1.30. Term time or full time contract. Ideal candidate will have a min level 7 qualification in Early Childhood Education and/or Montessori, have a good command of spoken Irish, be able to work as a team and on their own initiative, work with both Montessori and Aistear curriculum and above all, have a natural love and understanding of children and their development. Spoken Irish essential.
Email sharon at email@example.com.Read More