Teacher Wanted | Leinster Park Montessori
|Leinster Park Montessori is part of Harold’s Cross Community for 20+ years and we are looking for an enthusiastic, forthright and experienced teacher to join our team. |
Details of the Role:
LPM provides 2 ECCE sessions per day, we are open 38 weeks of the year and close for the summer holidays. The ECCE sessions are from 8:30 to 11:30 and 12pm to 3pm Monday to Friday.Working hours are 8am to 3:30pm.This contract is term time only. The salary is divided equally over 10 months.We are an established pre-school with a broad knowledge in the Early Years development of children and Montessori training , which influences our Ethos.
Responsibilities & Duties: To have in-depth knowledge of the development of children within the formative early years. To enhance and inspire the child’s educational journey. To understand the importance of observations and assessments within the classroom.To engage and get to know all the families & children within our setting. And to ensure that the child’s safety and well-being is paramount at all times and to meet each child’s individual needs and interests. To develop positive working relationships with both the children and staff. To attend weekly staff meetings on Monday mornings. To read and have knowledge of LPM’s policies and procedures and a good understanding of the Early Years Regulations. Care of the indoor & outdoor environment.To have an understanding of the importance of safety within the setting. To prepare, plan and implement emerging interests within the classroom. To work as part of a team.
Qualifications: Minimum Fetac Level 6 essential.
Dublin Childminder Wanted
Based in the Dublin area.
Two young children, aged 2 and 3. Looking for someone to care for children four days a week.
If interested, please contact Edwina Kevany at email@example.com.Read More
Preschool Positions Available | Blue Stars
Blue Stars has positions available in their preschools from September 2021.
Blue Stars is a preschool for autistic children and teachers should be registered with teaching council or be eligible for registration.
If you are interested, please contact Analisse Cedeno at firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
Summer Work Experience for Students | Columbus Club
Work Experience Available for students attending St. Nicholas Montessori College.
Columbus Club provides Summer School for children ranging in age from (3 to 12) in Donnybrook/Ballsbridge, D4.
We have three work experience opportunities available each week for eleven weeks this Summer for students training with St. Nicholas College to become Montessori teachers.
Dates: Tuesday, 8 th June – Friday, 20 th August
Times: 9am to 1pm daily and/or 9am – 3pm daily
Ages: Students are grouped according to age
Group 1: 3 year old students
Group 2: 4 year old students
Group 3: 5 year old students
Group 4: (6 & 7 year olds)
Group 5: (8-12 year olds)
Multi-Activity: Drama, Singing, Dance & Movement, Art and Drawing, Lego & Construction, Circle Time, Story-Telling, Treasure Hunts, Fun Games, Arts & Crafts, Baking, Mini Tennis, Variety of simple games to develop the gross motor skills and fine motor skills.
If you wish to apply for a place on our work experience programme, please send a covering letter and a copy of your C.V. to email@example.com Please state the week(s) you wish to apply for and your preference for (9am -1pm) or (9am – 3pm).Read More
Lead Montessori Guide | Drumnigh Montessori Primary School
DRUMNIGH MONTESSORI PRIMARY SCHOOL
c/o Ardscoil La Salle, Raheny Road, Dublin D05 Y132. Phone 01 848 8404
Drumnigh Montessori Primary School seeks a Montessori Guide to lead the children in the 6-12 years classroom from mid-August 2021.
Term and Basis: Hours 08:15 – 15:00 Monday to Friday, mid-August 2021 to end of June 2022, with potential for longer term position, subject to satisfactory probation and contract completion.
Drumnigh Montessori Primary School is an AMI-accredited Montessori for children aged 3-12, in Raheny, North Dublin, established in 1962. The school operates a 6-12 classroom and two 3-6 years classrooms. https://www.facebook.com/drumnighmontessoriprimaryschool/
Accountable to: Principal; Board of Directors of Drumnigh Montessori Primary School (BDMP)
- To work with a colleague in a 6-12 years classroom for the contract period
- To Lead the work for a group of children in the 6-12 years classroom as directed by the BDMP
- The Montessori Guide helps direct their students’ activities academically, emotionally and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach their full potential in accordance with Montessori philosophy.
Overall Duties are to:
- Report to the Principal and BDMP
- Organise and maintain a well-organised and attractively prepared environment consistent with Montessori pedagogy, paying particular attention to the needs of the children
- Establish the classroom work cycle and extended day work period and make presentations
- Guide, observe, stimulate and supervise children in the 6-12 years classroom as directed by the Principal and BDMP as one of two teaching staff in the elementary classroom
- Ensure a high-quality learning environment for children so that the needs of the group and individual children are met
- Guide and assist children toward self-directed learning
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Observe and record daily observations on each child’s individual progression
- Create, review and maintain each child’s individual development plan ensuring they progress at a rate according to their abilities
- Communicate effectively and frequently with parents of the children in your care, ensuring opportunities to discuss the child’s work and to provide feedback
- Meet with parents including two parent-teacher meetings and one parental observation throughout the year
- Contribute to the development of the school through effective relationships, encouraging families to engage with the wider school community
- Attend school meetings as required including staff meetings, professional sessions, training, and events on behalf of the school, e.g., parent evenings and family days
- Work with school staff as part of a team approach to delivering Montessori education to the highest standard
- Undertake administrative tasks as appropriate to the role and as assigned by the Principal
- Manage record keeping required for class operations, e.g. safety, fire, attendance and other records as needed
- Manage the acquisition of materials / equipment needed in consultation with the Principal
Required Qualifications: Montessori qualification from AMI, St Nicholas or equivalent, Level 7 or higher for the elementary age range, e.g., 3-12 years, 3-9 years, 6-12 years.
2 years post-graduate experience in a classroom preferred and having the competency and skills required for the position.
Required competencies: Communication skills, ensuring a high-quality learning environment, leading classwork through presentation, child observation, planning of children’s work, effective team working.
Language skills: Excellent written and spoken English. This position will include a second language curriculum, Gaeilge, for the children in the 6-12 years age group, as per the National Primary Curriculum; candidates able to provide the Gaeilge curriculum are preferred
Vetting: Candidates should have residency or permission to work. Preferred candidate will be subject to Garda vetting and other police vetting, reference validation and qualification check as part of the selection process.
Applications should be made by requesting a copy of the dedicated Application Form for the process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and then submitting by 18:00, 18th June 2021.
Drumnigh Montessori Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.Read More
Teaching Position | Sharavogue School
TWO teaching positions available in Sharavogue School from September 2020.
Accepting applications now.
If interested, please email Gillian at email@example.comRead More
Children’s House Lead Guide | American Montessori School in Madrid
Dynamic and innovative American Montessori school in Madrid, Spain, seeks AMI- or AMS-trained, native English speaking Children’s House Lead Guide and Elementary Guide with good level of experience.
Some Spanish would be helpful, but the emphasis is on a deep knowledge of the Montessori curriculum and a desire to collaborate in the ongoing development of the school, now in its eighth year.
If you are an open and communicative person who would like to be part of a vibrant collaborative team, please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
Teacher wanted at The Nest School in Greystones
A special person to join our much loved new preschool in Greystones.
Rich Play Based Mixed Curriculum Learning Environment.
After much success in our lovely Preschool ‘Lily Montessori’ (Deansgrange, Co Dublin), we are excited to open our new preschool in Greystones, Co Wicklow (www.thenestschool.ie).
Hours teaching: 09.15 to 13.00/13.30 with an additional 45 minutes daily of paid preparation time
Requirements: Level7/8/9 Early Childhood qualification & min 3 full years of teaching experience
Start Date: mid/ end August 2020
Our exceptional Team
Our success is down to our exceptional team of Early Childhood Educators who share a common vision, values and our culture. Together, with the very best of our industry’s educators, we offer top class care and education for the children in our care!
We are now looking for a really special preschool teaching team, who share this ethos, to join us on our journey of success in our top quality preschool environment.
The happiness and job satisfaction of the team is paramount to our success. Our aim is for our educators to have long, successful and fulfilling careers in ‘The Nest School’ – working in a supportive and inclusive environment where they are respected, rewarded and genuinely enjoy coming to work. There will be opportunity during recruitment to talk with the existing team.
Our learning Environment
‘The Nest School’ in Blacklion, Greystones is opening in a beautiful new purpose-built premises within the Waverly development. It is heavily invested in – with an abundance of brand new top quality materials, toys and curriculum aids. We value progressive thinking – and aim to apply best practice from various preschool methodologies. We are enthusiastic and determined to continuously further develop and evolve our curriculum!
The Nest School preschool classes all catering for the ECCE age group – with the following environments:
- High quality mixed curriculum play based learning environments with their own specialist educators. The play based environments can be connected to allow for larger open plan spaces. Each environment has its own top quality outdoor play space and benefits from transition areas – so as to facilitate the children moving freely between indoor and outdoor with ease. Outdoor play and activity is a central part of our curriculum.
- A multipurpose shared room for relaxation, sensory and active curriculum use – This room also has direct access to outdoors with transition spaces
- A pure Montessori environment (with an emphasis on Practical life and culture subjects) –with its own skilful dedicated Montessori teachers.
The Play Curriculum Educator team must have:
- An Early Childhood Care and Education qualification levle7/8 or 9 from a reputable college
- Have a minimum of 3 full years of teaching experience
- Have a special interest in offering rich and diverse learning curriculum.
Specialist training in some of the following would be a great advantage:
- Outdoor play, activity and learning
- Music and drama
- Physical activity.
- Have good knowledge and a commitment to Aistear and Siolta
- Very much enjoy spending time with young children and have a naturally nurturing and engaging style
- Have an appreciation for the Montessori method
If you are interesting in learning more please send your CV to Lynda at email@example.com.
www.thenestschool.ieThe Nest School WebsiteRead More