- 4-6 weeks long, starting in October.
- Blended, i.e., delivered as a mixture of both face to face sessions and online sessions.
- A certificate of completion will be issued by SNMCI.
Autumn Short Courses
Short Courses are...
Neurodiversity is a term first used by the sociologist Judy Singer in the 1990s. It refers to “the unique neurological variations within the human mind”. This course is an introduction to the psychology of neurodiversity aimed at parents, early years educators, and those interested in the further study of psychology. Course fees: €90 Apply here.
This course will consider how to effectively support the complete natural development of children. This course will cover:
- Early childhood development, Montessori pedagogy and practice, along with current scientific research related to the development of children under three.
- How to observe carefully and systematically young children to better understand and nurture each child as an individual.
- The development of language and movement in young children.
- The adult’s collaborative role in supporting the child.
- How to prepare the type of environment that will meet the needs of infants from birth, in the first year of life, and in the toddler stage in order to best nurture their development.
- Developmentally appropriate activities for young children.
Course fees: €90 Apply here.
An accessible 4-week course focused on making better use of IT in the preschool environment. This course is aimed at those who have limited IT knowledge but would love to know more. It features live online presentations on the various tools that you can use in your preschool to make administration easier. Course fees: €90 Apply here.
How to Apply
To express interest in any of our Short Courses,
please complete this form and someone from our team will contact you.
Terms & Conditions
Please note: Our Short Courses require a minimum number of enrolments.
If our enrolment quota is not reached applicants may be offered an alternative course.
Refunds are available when a Short Course is cancelled.
Please apply as early as possible to secure places.