Please note: You WILL NOT be allowed to enter the building if you have not returned your signed ‘Return to Study Form’ to your Programme Director.
General Guidelines for Students for Face-To-Face sessions in the College
These guidelines are subject to continuous updates in consultation with staff and learners following initial sessions.
All students arriving at St. Nicholas for face to face instruction must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Masks are mandatory when you can not maintain a 2m distance.
- Please arrive to campus with your mask and wear it as you enter and exit the building.
- Use hand sanitisers outside of main doors.
- Enter through main reception
- Sign –in (name/mobile number/time)
- Note the name of the Daily COVID 19 Response person (blackboard at reception)
- Follow any signs related to room numbers and directions for movement
- Bring a bag large enough to contain all of your own belongings (coat/books/notes/lunchboxes etc.) Keep all of your belongings in the bag and with you at all times.
- Bring all belongings home with you each day. Note: Items left in the College will be disposed of.
In the classroom:
- Theory sessions: Desks will be spaced according to guidelines.
- Please do not move desks from their assigned place. See general distancing guidelines below
- Practical sessions: You will be divided into groups by your tutor. You are expected to stay in these groups and to comply with lecturer instructions.
- Avoid physical contact such as handshakes between students/staff/visitors. Give a polite explanation of this policy if required.
- Maintain a safe distance and avoid ‘drifting’ too close to other learners throughout the course of the day.
- Adhere to acceptable numbers posted on bathrooms, kitchens, library spaces.
- Follow the guidance of the Daily COVID Response person.
- Avoid congregating in any shared areas such as reception, stairs, corridors etc.
Hygiene throughout the day:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- before leaving home; before and after being on public transport; after coughing or sneezing; after using the toilet; before smoking or vaping; before and after wearing gloves; before and after eating and preparing food; after touching potentially contaminated surfaces; if in contact with someone displaying any COVID-19 symptoms
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Note: There is a two person at a time limit for entry to the bathroom areas.
- Ensure that the toilet seat is in the closed position before flushing to prevent aerosols becoming airborne and contaminating the facilities with potential pathogens.
- Have consideration for contracted cleaning staff with regards to discarded tissues, food, etc. to prevent cleaning staff being accidently contaminated.
- Use waste bins provided.
- When used for coughing and/ or sneezing, put disposable tissues directly into a waste bin, preferably bagged, or pocket them and take them home.
Food and Drink: Depending on numbers on a given day, staff members will indicate areas where lunch may be eaten.
- Bring your own prepared food and drink for lunch breaks.
- Adhere to number policy when using kitchens
- Bring your own drinking mugs and glasses to prevent cross contamination.
- Ensure that good hygiene standards are maintained when food or drinks are being prepared.
- Ensure that when spills of food or liquids occur they are cleaned straight away and work surfaces are left in a clean and sanitised condition.
- Keep hands out of waste bins or receptacles as they may contain contaminated products, food or tissues.
- Leave the microwave oven in a clean condition and wipe it out after use.
- Dispose of half eaten food products carefully
- Thoroughly wash own crockery and cutlery after each use.
- Use single use paper tissues/ rolls provided within kitchen areas and dispose of them correctly in waste bins provided
- Do not share phones, head sets, IT equipment and personal mobile phones with others to prevent accidental cross contamination.
- Refrain from sharing stationery items e.g. pens, pencils, staplers etc.
- Montessori materials: Follow lecturer guidelines for wiping and storing Montessori materials at the end of practical sessions. Sanitising materials supplied.
- Theory and practical sessions: at the end of each session, leave the desk clear and sanitised by using the spray and wipes provided
- Adhere to number policy when using library.
- Sanitise hands at library door before entry.
- Choose your library resources, check them out and leave promptly.
- The library will not be in use for extended study sessions.