The Level 7 entry Bridging Programme (L7BP) is an integrated combination of modules (Sociology, Philosophy, Montessori Education and Creativity and Montessori Placement) designed to “bridge” existing early years level 6 award holders to a point where they can apply for entry to SNMCI’s B. Ed. Montessori Level 7 programme (with an option to continue to Level 8).
DATES: Monday Aug 15th – Sat Sep 24th 2022
- This 6 week programme IS NOT a professional award in and of itself. It prepares those who successfully complete the programme for entry to Year 3 of the B.Ed. Montessori Education (all other terms and conditions being met).
- All requirements with regard to attendance, assessment and placement MUST be successfully completed by those participants wishing to use the programme to support application to the Ed. Montessori Education.
An integrated delivery of the following:
- Montessori Philosophy and Methodology for the child from birth to age 6 including an introduction to Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
- Sociology of Childhood
- Montessori Placement 3-6 (2 weeks)
- 2 weeks in a Montessori 3-6 setting (not summer camp)
- Placement can be arranged in pre-schools throughout the country as there will NOT be a placement tutor visit. However, placement mentors will complete an evaluation form.
- Direct Application
All applications assessed on a case by case basis
Mode of study
- Week 1: Online 2 evenings and 1 Saturday
- Week 2: Onsite Mon-Fri
- Week 3: Onsite Mon-Fri
- Week 4: Online 2 evenings/ 1 Saturday onsite
- Week 5: Online 2 evenings/ 1 Saturday onsite
- Week 6: Online 2 evenings/ 1 Saturday onsite
- 3 x summative assignments are assessed on a Pass/Fail basis by the relevant module leaders to ensure learners are well prepared for transition to Stage 3 of the B.Ed. Montessori.
- All assessments must be attempted.