How can I find a book?
- The Dewey Decimal system is used with different number ranges for each category
- You will be provided a library tour during induction week
- There will be a member of staff at hand to help you find what you are looking for
How can I borrow a book?
- A library staff member will process your loan at the front desk
How long can I borrow a book for?
- There is a 2 week limit for borrowing a book but you can renew a book up to 3 times unless there is a reserve on it
What is the late return fine?
- You will be charged €0.10 per day for each day over the due date
Is there an online library?
- SNMCI has unlimited access to Web OPAC which is an Online Public Access Catalogue which allows users to avail of library services
- SNMCI also has EBSCO which is the leading provider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, e-books and discovery service to libraries
How do I access the online library?
- You can access the online library using your Moodle login which you receive upon registering as a student
Will I have access to a printer and photocopier?
- You can buy credit for your student card at reception in order to access these services
What do I do if I lose or damage a book?
- You must pay a fine to cover the cost of replacing the book
Can I reserve a book?
- Yes. You can reserve a book online by following the instructions provided when a book is out on loan
Can I request a book for the library?
- Yes you can email library services on firstname.lastname@example.org to request a publication to be added to the library