Garda Vetting Application
St. Nicholas Montessori Society of Ireland is a registered organisation for Garda Vetting.
Under Regulation 9, Management and Recruitment of the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, all staff members or any persons in direct contact with children in an early years service must secure Garda Vetting disclosure before employment/ access commences.
Requirements to use our eVetting service:
- Be over 16 years old (If aged 16-18 years, one must have submitted ‘Parent/Guardian Consent Form)
- Have access to a valid email address
- Have access to the Internet
- Have completed the ‘Proof of Identity’ process
Garda Vetting Steps:
- Download and print the Invitation Form, sign and date and send along with proof of identity to St. Nicholas Montessori Society of Ireland, Block B, Upper George’s Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin A96 R2V3.
- The St. Nicholas Montessori Society of Ireland validates proof of identity and sends the vetting subject an email with a link attached inviting him/her to complete a Vetting Application Form.
- The vetting subject completes a Vetting Application Form online and submits it to the St. Nicholas Montessori Society of Ireland, Block B, Upper Georges’s Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin A96 R2V3.
- The St. Nicholas Montessori Society of Ireland review the vetting application and submits it to the National Vetting Bureau
- The National Vetting Bureau processes the application and forwards a vetting disclosure to the St. Nicholas Montessori Society of Ireland.
- The St. Nicholas Montessori Society of Ireland reviews the vetting disclosure and as soon as is practicable provides a copy of the vetting disclosure to the vetting subject.