Garda National Vetting Affiliation Registration Number
It will soon become compulsory that organisations applying for Garda Vetting must hold their own Garda National Vetting Bureau Affiliation Registration Number.This unique registration number will ensure that only relevant organisations conducting relevant work with children have the ability to apply for Garda Vetting. This will be made mandatory in compliance with the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012-2016.
It is recommended that each Early Childhood and School Age Childcare setting apply for their individual registration number now to ensure that when the need to apply for Garda Vetting arises there will be no delays in processing.
To apply for a Garda National Vetting Bureau Affiliation Registration Number please complete the following steps:
Email the Garda Vetting Bureau requesting a registration number- email@example.com providing the following information:
- Name of the Registered Vetting Organisation you are applying through- St. Nicholas Montessori College.
- Name and business address of your organisation
- Contact person within the organisation
- The purpose of your business- e.g Montessori Education for children aged 3-6
The Garda National Vetting Bureau will then send you an application form to complete and return to them by post.
Once you have returned your completed form, you will be issued with a GNVB Affiliate Registration Number through a letter in the post (please note this could take up to two weeks).
When you receive your GNVB Affiliate Registration Number please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update your details.
*Please be aware if you have multiple settings, this process must be completed for each individual setting*
Early Years E-Bulletin for August 2020
The following topics are included and much more:
- Supports and Guidance for providers
- Consultation on future funding and the future workplace
- Preparation of Guidance for Student Placements
- Tusla Early Years Inspectorate guidance for registered providers to support and facilitate the safe reopening and operation during Covid-19