- Select Add submission. The Assignment submission page will open. Depending on how your instructor set up the assignment, you may have the option to submit file(s), enter text in a text entry box or both.
- To enter online text:
Type directly into the Online text box. Alternately, you can compose your submission in a word processing program and then copy and paste the text into the Moodle text box.
- When pasting text into Moodle, for best results, paste the content as unformatted text.
- For spell checking to work, it must be enabled in your browser. Once enabled, to see spelling suggestions press and hold the Control key on your keyboard and click OR right-click on your mouse (whether you are using a Mac or PC system will determine which operation will work).
- To submit a file using drag-and-drop:
- Arrange your computer desktop windows so that you can view both your browser window and the files on your computer (e.g., in an open folder or on your desktop).
- Drag files from your computer and release them on top of the big blue arrow in the Files area.
(click to enlarge)
Note: DO NOT drag-and-drop a .gdoc file from a Drive App desktop window into Moodle. Your instructor will not have permission to view the file. Instead, use browse for the file (for details, see the next step), or save the file as a PDF before submitting.
- To browse for a file:
- Under File submissions, at the top-left of the file area, click the Add… icon (). The File picker window will open.
- Select a file from your computer:
- To upload a file from your computer, click Upload a file (at left), then below Attachment, select Choose file. Browse your computer and select a file, then click Open. The file name will appear next to the Choose file button.
- To upload a file from Google Drive, see Upload Files from Your Google Drive to Moodle.
- (Optional) If you want to rename your file in the File Picker, enter the new name in the Save as field.
- Click Upload this file. The File Picker will close and an icon for your uploaded file will appear in the Files area.
- Once your file(s) appear(s) in the Files submission area, click Save changes.
Note: You should receive an email at your umass.edu mail address confirming you have submitted the assignment.
- If your instructor allows you to revise your submission, you’ll see an Edit submission button on the Assignment page. Select Edit submission to add or replace files, or edit a text submission. When you finish making changes, click Save changes.
- For some assignment types, you will see a Submit assignment button. To finalize your submission, click Submit assignment, then Continue.
Note: Once finalized, you will not be able to make any more changes.
- You can check under Submission status on the Assignment page to ensure your file is listed. You can also view feedback and grades from your instructor there.
- For some assignment types, you may have the option to submit multiple attempts (or drafts) for a single assignment. Because each course is different, you will need to communicate with your instructors on how submission attempts and feedback are configured for each Moodle assignment.