Lead Montessori Guide | Drumnigh Montessori Primary School
DRUMNIGH MONTESSORI PRIMARY SCHOOL
c/o Ardscoil La Salle, Raheny Road, Dublin D05 Y132. Phone 01 848 8404
Drumnigh Montessori Primary School seeks a Montessori Guide to lead the children in the 6-12 years classroom from mid-August 2021.
Term and Basis: Hours 08:15 – 15:00 Monday to Friday, mid-August 2021 to end of June 2022, with potential for longer term position, subject to satisfactory probation and contract completion.
Drumnigh Montessori Primary School is an AMI-accredited Montessori for children aged 3-12, in Raheny, North Dublin, established in 1962. The school operates a 6-12 classroom and two 3-6 years classrooms. https://www.facebook.com/drumnighmontessoriprimaryschool/
Accountable to: Principal; Board of Directors of Drumnigh Montessori Primary School (BDMP)
- To work with a colleague in a 6-12 years classroom for the contract period
- To Lead the work for a group of children in the 6-12 years classroom as directed by the BDMP
- The Montessori Guide helps direct their students’ activities academically, emotionally and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach their full potential in accordance with Montessori philosophy.
Overall Duties are to:
- Report to the Principal and BDMP
- Organise and maintain a well-organised and attractively prepared environment consistent with Montessori pedagogy, paying particular attention to the needs of the children
- Establish the classroom work cycle and extended day work period and make presentations
- Guide, observe, stimulate and supervise children in the 6-12 years classroom as directed by the Principal and BDMP as one of two teaching staff in the elementary classroom
- Ensure a high-quality learning environment for children so that the needs of the group and individual children are met
- Guide and assist children toward self-directed learning
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Observe and record daily observations on each child’s individual progression
- Create, review and maintain each child’s individual development plan ensuring they progress at a rate according to their abilities
- Communicate effectively and frequently with parents of the children in your care, ensuring opportunities to discuss the child’s work and to provide feedback
- Meet with parents including two parent-teacher meetings and one parental observation throughout the year
- Contribute to the development of the school through effective relationships, encouraging families to engage with the wider school community
- Attend school meetings as required including staff meetings, professional sessions, training, and events on behalf of the school, e.g., parent evenings and family days
- Work with school staff as part of a team approach to delivering Montessori education to the highest standard
- Undertake administrative tasks as appropriate to the role and as assigned by the Principal
- Manage record keeping required for class operations, e.g. safety, fire, attendance and other records as needed
- Manage the acquisition of materials / equipment needed in consultation with the Principal
Required Qualifications: Montessori qualification from AMI, St Nicholas or equivalent, Level 7 or higher for the elementary age range, e.g., 3-12 years, 3-9 years, 6-12 years.
2 years post-graduate experience in a classroom preferred and having the competency and skills required for the position.
Required competencies: Communication skills, ensuring a high-quality learning environment, leading classwork through presentation, child observation, planning of children’s work, effective team working.
Language skills: Excellent written and spoken English. This position will include a second language curriculum, Gaeilge, for the children in the 6-12 years age group, as per the National Primary Curriculum; candidates able to provide the Gaeilge curriculum are preferred
Vetting: Candidates should have residency or permission to work. Preferred candidate will be subject to Garda vetting and other police vetting, reference validation and qualification check as part of the selection process.
Applications should be made by requesting a copy of the dedicated Application Form for the process by contacting email@example.com and then submitting by 18:00, 18th June 2021.
Drumnigh Montessori Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.